On March 18, the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released the FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcements for six DHS preparedness grant programs, including:
- Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP): provides more than $1 billion for state and urban areas to prevent, protect against, mitigate, respond to, and recover from acts of terrorism and other threats.
- Tribal Homeland Security Grant Program (THSGP): provides $10 million to eligible tribal nations to implement preparedness initiatives to help strengthen the nation against risk associated with potential terrorist attacks and other hazards.
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program: provides $13 million to support target hardening and other physical security enhancements for nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of a terrorist attack and located within one of the FY 2014 UASI-eligible urban areas.
- Intercity Passenger Rail – Amtrak (IPR) Program: provides more than $10 million to protect critical surface transportation infrastructure and the traveling public from acts of terrorism and increase the resilience of the Amtrak rail system.
- Port Security Grant Program (PSGP): provides more than $100 million to help protect critical port infrastructure from terrorism, enhance maritime domain awareness, improve port-wide maritime security risk management, and maintain or reestablish maritime security mitigation protocols that support port recovery and resiliency capabilities.
- Transit Security Grant Program (TSGP): provides more than $90 million to owners and operators of transit systems to protect critical surface transportation and the traveling public from acts of terrorism and to increase the resilience of transit infrastructure.
The Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) applications, announced on March 10, are due no later than April 9, 2014. All other preparedness grant applications are due no later than May 23, 2014.
All preparedness Funding Opportunity Announcements can be found at www.grants.gov.
Final submissions must be made through the Non-Disaster Grants system located at https://portal.fema.gov.