The deadline to submit your applications is 5 p.m. Eastern Time. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you have last-minute questions about applying for a FP&S grant, or are having technical problems with the electronic application, call the Help Desk at 1-866-274-0960 or send an e-mail to [email protected] The Help Desk staff will be on hand to help applicants through the end of the application period.
* Having computer or technical problems? Problems such as expired passwords, technical malfunctions, or loss of internet access, will not be accepted as excuses for late submissions. If you are having a technical problem with submitting your application, you must report the problem to the Help Desk before the application deadline of 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
* Formal submission of the completed application is required. Many applications appear to be nearly complete or are 100 percent complete but have not been submitted formally into the electronic e-Grant application system. No application will be processed automatically or considered for funding unless the applicant properly submits the request and receives a subsequent e-mail confirmation.
* No confirmation e-mail received? If you have submitted your application but not yet received an e-mail confirmation in your e-Grant application mailbox, contact the Help Desk at once at 1-866-274-0960. All applicants should receive an e-mail confirmation to document their submissions.
It’s Not Too Late to Start Your Application
* Download and read the FY 2013 Fire Prevention and Safety Grants Funding Opportunity Announcement. It explains the purpose of the grant program, activities eligible for support, eligibility criteria, award criteria, application instructions, and Federal requirements for grantees.
* Visit the Fire Prevention and Safety Grants web page on the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Website (www.fema.gov/firegrants ) and use the additional application resources below to help you develop your grant application.
FY 2013 FP&S Grants Get Ready Guide: This short guide will help you kick-start your FY 2013 grant application.
FY 2013 FP&S Grants Self-Evaluation Sheet: This tool, based on the application scoring dimensions used by the peer reviewers, will help you assess your organization’s readiness to apply for a grant.
FY 2013 Research and Development Get Ready Guide: The Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Grants application period will be opening soon! This handy guide will give you a kick-start in preparing your grant application to thoroughly answer all the grant application questions.
FP&S Grants Frequently Asked Questions o Video: Community Risk Assessment and Fire Prevention and Safety Grants. This video describes how to conduct a risk assessment and how to use the results to plan and conduct community fire prevention and safety projects.
Video: Fire Prevention and Safety Grants. This video covers the purpose of the grants, eligible organizations and activities, and award evaluation criteria.
* Complete your application at the AFG E-Grant Application Access page: https://edit.fema.gov/e-grant-application-access. * Formally submit your application by Friday, March 21, 2014 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
Contact the AFG Help Desk, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, by calling toll-free 1-866-274-0960, or by sending an e-mail to [email protected] Help Desk Specialists will be available to answer questions throughout the application period.
AFG CALENDARNOTE: All information, including dates and projected application periods are subject to change. When a conference is listed, the AFG Program either will be exhibiting and/or giving a presentation or workshop. March/April 2014* March 21, 2014 5 p.m. Eastern Time: DEADLINE for submitting FY 2013 Fire Prevention and Safety Grant applications
AFG Home Page: www.fema.gov/firegrants AFG Regional Representatives: http://www.fema.gov/fire-grant-contact-information AFG Help Desk: E-mail: [email protected] Telephone Toll-Free: 1-866-274-0960